In this pandemic when other brands are desperately calling out for the customers, the fast-food giant Burger King has come up with a dazzling “$1 whopper dance challenge” strategy to make the customer call out for it instead.
The quarantine days have made people spend more time on social media especially on TikTok making dance videos. This lead Burger King (North America) to collaborate with the video-sharing social networking platform TikTok to launch a first-ever whopper dance challenge.
“Customize Your Way By Dancing Your Way” – Burger King
For a limited time period, Burger King customers will be able to order whopper, also known as America’s Favourite Burger just for $1 by dancing on its rhythm.
So, What is this $1 Whopper Dance Challenge?
$1 Whopper Dance Challenge tutorial has been created by 3 TikTok megastars – Loren Gray, Avani and Nathan Davis Jr. the videos are available on their official TikTok accounts and the promo has been launched on Burger King’s official Instagram account on June 18. These creators collectively have over 73 million followers.
“We are investing in our digital channels and are always looking for innovative ways to engage with guests. The BK North America team is constantly pushing into new territories and Whopper Dance on TikTok is one of these ideas,” said Jorge Luiz R. Oliveira, Director, Media & Social Channels, Burger King Corporation.
How to get a $1 Burger King Whopper with a TikTok dance?
Follow these simple steps to get your $1 Whopper:
- Follow Burger King (BK) on the app.
- Share your dance video on TikTok as guided by the creators.
- Use the hashtag “WhopperDance” (#WhopperDance).
- Burger King will then direct message you with a personalized code for your $1 deal within 48 hours of posting the video.
- Once you’ve received the code, you can either stop by your local Burger King store or get your $1 Whopper order delivered at your place.
Things to keep in mind:
- Min. $10 required (before taxes) for delivery orders.
- Coupons are valid till June 28.
- Promotion is valid from June 18 to June 21 in the U.S. only.
- TikTok and BK® App account required.
- The video must be posted on TikTok using the official Whopper Dance song only.
- Do not make up your own dance moves.
- Limit one coupon per account.
- See bk.com/whopperdance for promotion rules.
Assuming that you have stumbled upon this blog later in time even then also you are going to love this “$1 whopper dance challenge” marketing strategy of Burger King with TikTok.
Burger King always has been a marketing genius and each time it figured out an interesting interactive way of promoting its brand. This new promotion of Burger King partnered with TikTok sounds more fun and creative.
Share your thoughts on this Burger King and TikTok marketing strategy below in the comment section.